I heart cheesy made-for-tv holiday movies. I could watch them all day long. Don't pretend you don't wish you could stay home from work and cuddle up with hot chocolate and watch Candace Cameron Bure (DJ from Full House) and Tom Arnold (that fat guy that married and divorced Roseanne) save Santaland from evil corporate toy makers. You know you want to, but I'll be the one to voice your secret desires.
I'm also that person that rips out the ABC Family's 25 Days of Christmas schedule out of Us Weekly (which has a lot of Harry Potter marathons on - can someone please explain what a bunch of wizards have to do with Christmas?) Jeff will ask "hey, you wanna go out to dinner and live life the way it was meant to be lived?" And I'll reply "Nope. Home Alone 2: Lost in New York is on tv." I mean really, when your movie-viewing experience is literally just like the movies without the $11.50 ticket, why go out? Right? No? Anyone who has been to our house has seen our projector and that stupid permanent 5x10 ft screen on my wall. And really, the only way to enjoy a Lifetime Original Movie is blown up with surround sound.
We know for a fact that Hallmark and Lifetime Original movies can predict the future - love really does exist and Christmas wishes can come true! The proof is out there - Leann Rimes and Eddie Cibrian found love, right? So obviously, Santa is real, and middle-aged yet still good-looking actors can find love without match.com. I write this today while watching a little gem called "Eve's Christmas" featuring Amber from Clueless. She's a has-been mistress who's boyfriend is going back to his wife for Christmas and she wishes upon a star that she could go back 12 years before and marry the-one-who-got-away. We've all seen this plot before, yet somehow, each movie is just so different (catch my sarcasm?) Yet, I can't turn away. I can't say I blame Jeff for choosing football instead...
While the munchkin naps, I make another cup of hot chocolate with candy canes and saddle up for the next one "Call Me Claus" - oh yeah, it features Whoopi Goldberg in her sassy "You in Danger Girl" attitude about becoming the next Santa Claus. Check out the lineup - if you find yourself bored on a Tuesday night, chances are, you might find a wonderful movie coming up about kindness and true love in the spirit of the holidays. And if you are single, you could maybe pick up a move or two about picking up hot single men just in time to get some diamonds for Christmas. Just saying'.
I just want to say that I also ripped out the 25 Days of Christmas from my US Weekly. We're sisters :)
ReplyDelete