Monday, March 26, 2012

Smell that? That's LOVE in the air!

Last night, my favorite sister (we eliminated the "step" years ago) got ENGAGED! And not only does she have a gorgeous ring, she now has a handsome and thoughtful new fiance. I would use more adjectives to describe him, except last night was the first time I had met him! Don't judge - I'm a full-time working mom who's finishing her masters degree during lacrosse season - my extra time is spent sleeping. Back to the point - I got a game-changing phone call last week...

I screen unknown numbers. And I know I'm not the only person to do this. I take one look, and say "Nope. If you're smart, you'll leave a message". Well, Robbie was smart :) Long story short, he was calling to say "I know you don't know me, but I'd like to marry your sister, and I hope you'll be able to come to the surprise party to meet me this weekend." And that was my Saturday night. He had an elaborate plan that came together perfectly, and April was completely shocked. Not only at the engagement, but when she came to the house we were at, she shrieked with every person that came out of the kitchen.

We had a wonderful dinner, a lot of catching up, and I'm pretty sure their faces were sore today from so much smiling last night! I'm SO excited for my SEESTER and her wonderful new fiance - you two remind me of those butterflies and new love (Jeff thanks you for that *wink*).

LET THE WEDDING PLANNING BEGIN!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun way to celebrate an engagement!!! Thank you for sharing and enjoy the wedding planning...if you are a part of it!

    ♥ Ashley

    atparsons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley! I'm super excited for her, and I kept telling him how thankful I was that he included all her family and close friends to be a part of it all. Such a thoughtful guy - it makes me happy that she's found a good person!

      Delete