Monday, January 6, 2014

Freakonomics

Freakonomics-- Book 2 of 52

I have to admit, I have read this book multiple times prior to it being added to the 52 books I will read this year. I first heard of this book from a student of mine who was doing a book talk. He proclaimed that, I "had to read this book, it has totally changed his perspective."I have to agree.

This is one of my favorite non-fiction titles to read because it allows me to ponder the hidden connections between events that might otherwise seem unlikely to connect.

Unlike my brief review of Alice in Wonderland, I won't spoil this book for you. I will, however, tell you some of the chapter titles:
  • Why do Drug Dealers Sill Live with Their Moms?
  • Would a Roshanda by Any Other Name Smell as Sweet?
  • How is the Ku Klux Klan Like a Group of Real-Estate Agents?
The chapters proceed to explain the connections (correlations really) between two seemingly un-connectable things. 

I would encourage everyone to read this book! 


No comments:

Post a Comment